Create a website and corporate branding
Company with Polish roots, a leader in the automotive industry and a leading brand among windshield wipers manufacturers. Due to high standards of service, good industry knowledge and a wide range of products, the company has become a professionally managed business organization.
FIRST STAGE (Website)
For this project, I chose the WordPress platform and used several templates in the development process.
My primary plan was to create a branding template based on the company colors and style.
I created a color palette for the site and chose the fonts because I couldn’t just pick the default fonts because they were created to work with Latin characters and those fonts didn’t work with the Cyrillic I needed to use on the site.
Then I did the following work:
1. Configured the development environment (at the time I was using pantheon.io for these purposes)
2. Customized the template for the best work and to fit the style you want.
3. Agreed the project style according to the needs and wishes of the client.
4. Finished colors, fonts and blocks (buttons, paragraphs, banners, etc.)
5. Created and edited the main pages of the site: Main page, About us, Blog, Contact
6. Created the functionality of the store site. I used the WooCommerce plugin because it was the most popular and I had some basic familiarity with it.
7. Customized the store pages (Archives, Category, Product, Cart and Checkout) according to the style and wishes of the customer.
8. Customized the shop and connected all the necessary functions for delivery, payment and order processing.
9. Data entry. I needed to spend a lot of time due to very limited site data that was ready to be filled.
As a result, I created the file in the format you want to import into WooCommerce
10. Optimization and SEO. I use several tools for these purposes. Namely, the Yoast Seo plugin for SEO, Fastest Cache optimization plugin and Short Pixel plugin and Squoosh.app software for image optimization
11. In addition, I have installed several tools for the security of the website and protected the site in basic ways in the code that I will talk about in my blog.
And also, at the end, I cleaned and structured the database through the following tools – wp-optimize and WP-DBManager, as well as integrating the site into several important services before launching:
SECOND STAGE (Digital Presence)
In order for the company to succeed online, I have done some work to elevate its digital presence and drive more sales as a result.
Here is a list of processes and tools:
– created and set up accounts on the following networks: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Business, Google+, Pinterest, Vk
– Connected by Google Webmaster to track indexing and troubleshoot site issues. As well as Google Analytics for sales and audience and site visitors
– integrated Facebook Business and Google Ads for future promotion.